Been going to CF regularly since my last WOD update several weeks ago, save for last Wednesday I took off to nurse cold or whatever it was that knocked me on my rear. I was too sick even to watch much Buffy, usually my show of choice when I’m in a TeeVee kinda mood. Some highlights, revelations and random thoughts since then:
Hit a new Deadlift PR of 210#. Up from my previous 185#.
- Got down to one band for pull-ups. Monday I did about 50 of them during the WOD, yay!, and I’m getting close to doing one without a band at all. I can just feel it.
- Hey, speaking of “I did nearly 50 pull-ups Monday,” did you know humans have three layers of skin on their palms? Currently I have two in some spots. That’ll do for now I guess. One of my friends has much bigger spots of two-layeredness on her hands so I shouldn’t complain.
- New-Skin hurts like hell, like thrusting your hand into a bucket of fire. I try to avoid doing things like that normally.
- So I’m trying Emu Oil instead. I’ll have to report how that goes but so far it’s less painful than the New-Skin.
- Sprinting sucks beyond the telling of it, but I hate regular running even worse.
- Somehow I’m able to suck it up though and just do it without too much bitching.
- I don’t need to wait until I’m completely over being sick to go train. ~90-95% is good. But I should probably avoid cocktails. When you’re very nearly over being sick, workout: good; cocktails: bad. Got it.
- I got a double under finally! In fact the total double under count for my entire life (7, not in a row) has been accomplished within the past week. We’ve been doing double unders as part of our warm up lately. Watch out!
- Why does weight-lifting gear for women always need to involve pink of some kind? I’m looking for weightlifting shoes but all the ones for women are pink. Or gray and pink. Dear God, why???
- I suppose I’m going to have to buy men’s shoes and hope they fit okay.
- It’s been so dry here and the hardest part about each workout for the past few weeks (besides, you know, all of it) has been I feel so parched I can barely breathe. It’s completely miserable. Clearly I’m not getting enough water, so I have something else to experiment with. Yay!